Travelling to Rovaniemi
Rovaniemi is situated in Finnish Lapland, right on the Arctic Circle. Despite its northern location, getting there is easy – Rovaniemi is well connected to the rest of the world via various means of transport.
Rovaniemi has good connections via train from Helsinki-Vantaa airport. The train journey to the center of Rovaniemi takes about 8 hours. Connections are regular and easy.
- Rovaniemi railway station https://www.vr.fi/en/railway-stations-and-routes/rovaniemi
- Helsinki railway station https://www.vr.fi/en/railway-stations-and-routes/helsinki
- Turku railway station https://www.vr.fi/en/railway-stations-and-routes/turku
Rovaniemi airport is located a few kilometers outside of the city. The airport has good connections to the main airports in Europe. The flight time between to Helsinki-Rovaniemi is about 1 h 25 min.
- Rovaniemi airport https://www.finavia.fi/en/airports/rovaniemi
- Helsinki-Vantaa airport https://www.finavia.fi/en/airports/helsinki-airport
- Helsinki 825 km, driving time about 10 h
- Turku 840 km, driving time about 10.5 h
- Vaasa 540 km, driving time about 7 h
- Tornio 120 km (border of Sweden) driving time about 1.5 h