Traveling to Rovaniemi
Rovaniemi is situated in Finnish Lapland, right on the Arctic Circle. Despite the northern location, getting there is easy – Rovaniemi is well connected to the rest of the world via various means of transport.
- Rovaniemi has good connections to Helsinki – Vantaa airport, where you can travel easily by train to the center of Rovaniemi in appr. 8 hours. The train connection is very fluent and easy to travel. This connection, is warmly suggested.
- Rovaniemi railway station https://www.vr.fi/en/railway-stations-and-routes/rovaniemi
- Helsinki railway station https://www.vr.fi/en/railway-stations-and-routes/helsinki
- Turku railway station https://www.vr.fi/en/railway-stations-and-routes/turku
- Rovaniemi airport locates few kilometers outside of the city. The airport has good connection to main airports in Europe flight time to Helsinki is about 1 hour.
- Rovaniemi airport https://www.finavia.fi/en/airports/rovaniemi
- Helsinki airport https://www.finavia.fi/en/airports/helsinki-airport
- Helsinki about 820 km. Driving time about 11 hours
- Turku about 860 km. Driving time about 11 hours
- Vaasa about 540 km, driving time about 7 hour
- Tornio (border of Sweden) about 120 km and less than 2 hours.